Monday, June 2, 2008

Doing Good

Everything around here is going so good! I'm starting to recover and am able to get around pretty good now. I got my staples out last Wednesday and I feel much better. I have surgistrips on now but I can take those off on Wednesday. Alexis is doing wonderful! I can't believe how much she has changed in just the past two weeks! At her last appointment she still had not made it back up to her birth weight, but we have another doctor visit tomorrow and maybe she gained back those last ounces to get her back up to her birth weight. She lost about a pound in the first 3 days that she was born, which it's normal for babies to lose weight but she lost a little more than the doctor wanted her to. She's fine though and healthy so I'm not worried about her weight. We are finding an extremely flexible routine and everyday is different, but it's a lot of fun and we are really enjoying her! She's also still sleeping really good. I'm just having to learn to sleep in shifts and in the middle of the day. I get plenty of sleep though and I'll get more once I can get myself to take naps during the day. Michael has done an amazing job at taking care of me and Alexis. He's had to take on a lot more by himself than he thought. Since I had a surprise c-section and couldn't move for over a week he's had to do everything! I'm going to be able to start adding things to my daily schedule on Thursday so hopefully that will help him some.

No comments: