Monday, May 14, 2012
He's Here!!
Jacob Olin Varnell born May 7, 2012 at 12:10 pm. He weighed 7lbs 4 oz, and was 20 inches long. He's so precious, and we love getting to know our new little blessing. He also has one VERY proud big sister! She is always wanting to love on him, and kiss him, and help us with him. So far, he is a very easy going baby who loves to sleep during the day, and party all night :). He's never fussy, even at night, and has been very easy to care for. We have definitely been blessed! Today is his due date, but I'm so happy that we got to meet our little guy a week sooner!
Big sister is doing great she just needs a lot of extra attention, and is testing our limits. She wants to be the boss of Jake, and wants her way all of the time right now, and is throwing fits at the smallest thing. But, there has been a big change, and my mom kept her and took care of her while we were in the hospital, and has been staying with us, helping out since then. My dad also came down to visit on Saturday so things are not normal around here. I'm hoping once they go home tomorrow, and there isn't company around that she will settle down a little bit. I think that she thinks she can get away with more since we have other people here. But, we have very much appreciated the help that they have given us the past week, especially being able to help us give Alexis that extra attention that she needs!
I am also doing great. This c-section seems easier to recover from than my first, but I am feeling so good...just a little sleep deprived. :) Michael is getting to stay home for the next 2 weeks with us so we are very excited about that! And, I guess our summer has started so I'm ready to finish recovering so that we can get on with the fun stuff! Our summer is going to be very low key though since Jake will be so small. Our main goal this summer is to relax, have fun, get to know our sweet little boy better, and adjust to being a family of 4! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment