Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dr. Appointment

Well, I went to the doctor on Tuesday. I asked the nurse if I was going to get a 3rd trimester ultrasound. She said that they don't do them routinely, so no, not unless the baby is measuring quite a bit big or small or something happens. I was disappointed, but decided I would ask what the cost of a 4D ultrasound was, and talk it over with Michael and see if it was something we'd want to do or just wait another few weeks to see our little boy in person! I was also suppose to schedule my c-section time that day.

Once I saw the doctor things changed a little bit. It seems the baby is measuring 2 weeks small. Which, wouldn't ordinarily be a problem I guess except for the fact that he's been measuring about a week ahead my whole pregnancy. So guess what? We get another ultrasound in 2 weeks, just to make sure that everything is fine. The doctor did ask me how big Alexis was, and I told him, 7lbs 1oz. And he said, oh she was a little baby then. Which gave me hope that Jake is going to be on the smaller side as well, and that it wasn't anything to worry about. On the other hand, because I had to ask I now know that they don't routinely do ultrasounds this late it makes me a little nervous. But, I'm trying not to worry too much because he's still very active and his heart rate was great, and since they are waiting the 2 weeks until my next appointment I'm sure everything will be okay. And, on that note we are now going to the doctor every 2 weeks! It won't be much longer now!! :)

No comments: