Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Funny Bits

Alexis was particularly hilarious today. While we were shopping for her ballet shoes today (more on dance later!), she was dancing around the store to the music, and yelled out " THAT'S MY JAM MOMMY!" And continued to hop around the aisle. Tonight, while we were playing I let her drink juice out of a small but still open cup. She begged for it. I gave in, but I told her she could not under any circumstances leave the kitchen with the cup. She (just like I thought would happen) bent over and spilled her juice all over the kitchen floor then said, "What in the world?! I need to mop this mess up!" As I was putting her to bed she asked for a drink. I told her that she could have a few sips, and I would go and get her something. "Leave the door open Mommy!" She likes to remind me of that, she knows when the door closes I'm not coming back. So as I was leaving she yelled out, " M&M'S!" I walked back to her and said "What? We don't even own M&M'S!" She burst into a hilarious fit of giggles. Then I heard, "GUMMIES!" And didn't even wait for me to respond before she about fell out of her bed laughing.I turned to leave again, and she yelled "POPSICLES!", and again started giggling. Then I heard, "FRUIT!! I TRICKED YOU MOMMY. THAT'S HEALTHY!" And started laughing again. It didn't make too much sense, but we understood it anyway. Above all, it was a great stalling tactic on her part. Once she started laughing hard I couldn't help but join in and play her game. I also kept the laughing going by tickling her every time she yelled out some sort of junk food....and then I tickled her for tricking me :)

No comments: