This all started with my mom, brother, and sister-in-laws birthdays in February. Then at my nephews birthday party in April she was ecstatic, by her birthday in May she understood that a birthday meant cake and presents, and she couldn't have been happier that it was her turn. By Daddy and Big Pa's birthday's in June she knew all the words to the "birthday song" and we began singing it every day. Now with my birthday coming up in August, she is geared and ready for it. She knows I'm next and is forever trying to plan my party. The other day she told me "Mommy you need a Snow White cake for your birthday!" She said it with such a big smile on her face, and with true excitement. I said "Maybe" We'll see....:)
Which brings me to my next point. She's also obsessed with Snow White at the moment. She's taken turns having a favorite princess. Cinderella was her favorite for a while, then she moved to Ariel, Aurora, and now Snow White. She started this right after her birthday. We were shopping with some of her birthday money, and she HAD to have a Snow White dress. And of course the shoes. So she has worn in everyday around the house (well, all the days I haven't hidden it ;)...) She has torn the lace off of the bottom, and I've had to cover the ends with fray check several times. She ripped the Snow White heart off of the front, which I've put back on for her, and it's been washed way more times than it needs to have been. She also started putting it on over her pajamas after I left her room, and I would find her in full costume (shoes included) when I would go check on her before I went to bed. One night I was taking off the shoes and she woke up screaming I " NO NO NO MOMMY! I NEED MY SNOW WHITE SHOES ON!! DON'T TAKE THEM AWAY!" And since I really wanted to go to bed too, and it's not going to hurt anyone. I put them back on. :) She wants to watch it everyday, but I try to not let that happen. We're actually watching it right now, but it's the only T.V. she's watched today, well except a little Diego. Actually, I don't mind so much sometimes because well, you know how at the beginning it's a book. And Snow White was one of the only movies that doesn't read it to you. So Lexi says "Mommy read it." I mean she will find me wherever I am in the house. And she listens with a big smile on her face, and after I'm done she says, "Good reading Mommy. Thank you! " And it makes me happy. I used to like it when my mom read that to me too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment