This is just an update to fill everyone in about what has been going on with us lately. Let's see. Well, first of all we've moved, down to southern Arkansas.Which was an ordeal because we found out that our land lady had cancer when we turned in our 30 day notice, and she ended up passing away at the end of the month. She did so much for us, and it was so sad, she was pretty young. So we had to make lots of extra trips to finish things up with the Realtor that took over her property. Anyway, we are settling in nicely, after two months. Alexis had a little bit of a hard time with it, but it was mostly just the noises around the house were different and scared her a little. She's fine now. The biggest adjustment for me was the lack of things to do in this area. We came from Conway, a fairly large town with LOTS to do. The parks were great, well kept and used, there was a walking trail that everyone used, we just placed membership with a new church that we loved, the library had lots of activities, not to mention all the shopping and restaurant options. I was going to the ladies bible class on Tuesday's at church which was giving Alexis 2 hours of play time with other kids, and she would just run into bible class and was completely comfortable. Now, we are still trying churches and are having a hard time finding a good fit for us, probably since our last church was a perfect fit, and we are comparing churches more than we probably should. The good news is that I'm finding some activities to fill up our week around here now, so we are not couch potatoes all summer. We have enjoyed going to the community pool several times a week! Alexis loves the water and we've been spending a couple hours at a time out there. I have gotten burned every single time we've gone. Using sunscreen!! On the other hand my very fair, red headed daughter has not even gotten one freckle!! Which is good, I'm not trying to damage her skin! But, I hate being burned. Especially when your loving two year old hangs all over the sunburn, because she has no idea that it hurts. She just thought "Mommy is pretty pink!", but I sure didn't feel pretty! I have now turned to a nice "more golden than I was", and hopefully the sunburns are over. Plus, the pool has been wonderful in teaching Alexis to SHARE! We've had to really start working on that! And maybe our library cards will be ready for us tomorrow.
On the job front, we will know more about Michael's store on the first of July. I also got a job!! I will be working at a private Christian school here teaching third grade. More on my job later! Alexis and I are going to tour a day care center tomorrow, so we will see how that goes!
I think that's about it! We are just enjoying our summer and trying to spend as much time as we can together!!
No comments:
Post a Comment