Saturday, October 17, 2009

An Update

It's been a while since I posted, and so I'm just going to try to catch you all up on everything! Let's see, I'm not even sure where to start. So I'll start with work. School is still going good, my kids are getting better with routines and I am starting a spider/bat unit next week so I've had that on my brain.

Okay, now for Alexis. She is getting so big. She is almost 17 months old now, and I still can't believe how fast she has grown up. She is also talking up a storm! She can point people out in pictures, and a few objects out in books. She loves Elmo, but it terrified of her Elmo Alive that she got last Christmas. She has over 30 words (I quit counting!), and most of them are amazingly clear. She is also starting to put together small sentences. She's also quite funny, and just silly. She makes me laugh everyday. Here was our conversation this morning when I went to get her.

Mommy: "Hi Lexi!"

Lex: " Hi Mama!"

Mommy: "Did you have sweet dreams last night?"

Lex: "Yeah."

Mommy: "What did you dream about?"

Lex: "Boys, Boys! Yay! Boys!"

Mommy: " Oh dear...."


Boy is one of her newest words. She's really hilarious. Anyway, she also loves her sleep! The kid still takes two naps a day and they are two long naps. I've been waiting for 7 months for her to give up this stinkin' morning nap! It's crazy, but she sleep two hours in the morning and two hours in the afternoon. Crazy. She is also more than happy to go to bed at night. Tonight, my parents were over and she was playing with her blanket, and dad said "Night, night Alexis." She turned to us, waved said "Night night" and took off to her bedroom and tried to get in her crib, at 6:30!! She didn't even make it until 8:30 which is her usual bedtime, but we had a busy day too. she never makes a peep though. Also we have had an appearance of the terrible two's!(Or a few...) I was wondering when they were going to show up. This kid can pitch one heck of a fit!! This is a very trying time as a parent, but it's not going to last forever, right? RIGHT??? :)

A long time ago I posted about us leaving the church we were attending because we weren't happy with it. Well, we found a new church and have placed membership there. We are much happier, and I think that this is a church that we will really be able to be involved in. Our minister is from Harding, and so are a lot of the other members. The feel of the service reminds me of Harding chapel, which is great for those of you who have never been!
They also have a lot of good programs for the kids, and one of my Delta Gamma Rho sisters is in charge of the children's ministry there! So, it's great and we are happy there. We had a fall festival tonight at church. Complete with yummy chili, and other good food. The kids dressed up too. Alexis is a pumpkin patch princess this year, and it was freezing, but luckily I remembered to buy tights, and of course we had her coat, which she got chili all over, but it's washable! She also got to jump in one of the small blow up things, which was fun for her, and we got some great pictures!


No comments: