Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Putting Things Away

Tonight I am washing up baby clothes and putting them away to go up into the attic tomorrow. Alexis has way too many clothes ( a whole tote of just newborn clothes!), but all of these clothes come with such sweet memories. I can't believe how tiny these clothes are, and I can't believe even more that they were too big for her! We only had newborn clothes, and she needed to wear preemie clothes for about 3 weeks. I had none. Neither did Wal-Mart or Target or Kohl's.( Apparently, everyone had a baby girl and raided the clothes before I even got out of the hospital...stupid c-section!) So my cousin (who had a baby boy 3 months before I had Lex) came to the rescue with her not as boyish as the others clothes. Of course, no pinks and purples, but lots of yellow and green and I will be forever thankful for her letting me have those clothes. So her NB clothes were huge on her until she was almost a month old. Anyway, I told Michael that I had to have another daughter some day so I could get these clothes out again. They are too precious to spend the rest of their days in a box. But, I'm sure God will give us the children that we need. And it will probably be boys, that's just the way things go for me! If I do have boys next though, maybe one day I will have a little niece that can benefit from these cute outfits. Anyway, this was so not the point of this. So the clothes are too precious and tiny, and it's a little sad putting them all away. The End. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Ali said...

I feel the same way about the boys' newborn clothes--I sold their toddler clothes at a yard sale but I just couldn't part with their baby clothes!