Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Broken & Dora

We had several things decide to break in the past 2 weeks. First, the day after we got back from our trip Alexis and I had an appointment, and on the way home I stopped by the bank to make a quick deposit. So, I got Alexis out (still sick!) went in, came back out and the car wouldn't start. Aggravated because I was stranded with a sick baby that could explode any moment, I called Michael and he came to get me. We put the car seat in the Jeep, decided the battery died, and while Michael went to get the old battery out of the car, Alexis got sick again. So instead of just running to get a new battery I got taken home with the baby, dropped off with the gross car seat, and cleaned everything/everyone up again. Michael went to get a battery, went to the bank put it in, drove the car home, walked back to the bank (it's only maybe a mile away from our house but he was sick too!) got the Jeep and came home. When he told me he walked from the bank I was pretty shocked, but he said that he just wanted to get everything done, and since the car seat was a mess we had no where to put Alexis so I couldn't drive a car home. What a good husband!

The next thing that went out was our microwave. Michael had it about 3 years before we got married, and we've been married almost 3 years so its done its time. It was a little tiny dorm microwave too, which I've always been irritated with because it's hardly big enough for anything but a little plate. But, we didn't get one when we got married, so I've dealt with it. Seeing as how I really use my microwave everyday, multiple times a day, we ran to the store got one a bit bigger (so much nicer!). It still won't fit my stupid huge square plates (which I just had to have because they were so fab. Not even thinking about how I would fit them in a microwave.). I still love my plates, but they are pretty huge.


The next time something broke I was running to Coleman's to do some laminating. I had just gotten some awesome stuff that I'm going to use for my jungle thematic unit next year. So like a responsible teacher I was getting stuff done ahead of time, because once school starts it's going to be crazy. So Alexis was asleep and Michael was home, so I was trying to use my time wisely and get this done. I went in laminated and paid for my stuff, got in the Jeep, turned it on.....dead! COME ON! Are you kidding me??!! Both cars went dead on me exactly a week apart. On ME...Ugh, Michael never gets stranded. So, I called Michael who was also sleeping to come rescue me....again....he woke Alexis up, who was to say the least mad about it. They came to get me and we got it running again, just a battery...again... I hope nothing else breaks.


So the recap: Michael got a huge ego boost from having to rescue his wife twice in one week.
I got my survival skills shot down twice in one week because I had to have my husband come rescue me twice.
Alexis got carted around while sick, and had to wake up from a nap.
Two dead batteries, and one broken microwave.


After all of the messes last night we went to go see Dora the Explorer Live! We went with Grandma Judy, my sister-in-law Michelle, and my niece. We had so much fun. Alexis loved it!! I didn't know if she would really enjoy it or not because she's never seen an episode of Dora, but she seems to like all shows like this. She also stayed awake the whole thing, which I was worried a little about because we had night time tickets. But, she did stay awake, and both girls had a ball, and so did the adults! We weren't allowed to take pictures during the show, so all I have are the pics we took before we left for the show. Anyway, that is it! Hopefully I will have an uneventful rest of the week.

No comments: