Friday, July 11, 2008

Things

I am so excited about our new patio furniture. We finally found a great set on clearance at Home Depot. We ran to Clinton to borrow my parent's trailer and drug it home. Michael worked on it a little bit that night before the bugs came out, and then finished it the next day...outside....in the 100 degree weather....Poor thing! I felt really bad about him having to work on it alone, but Alexis was not in a napping mood those days. So I only helped a little bit and picked up the trash and stuff. It was worth it though as he did a wonderful job and we can now sit outside in the shade at a table whenever we want! It rained the next day I wasn't able to sit in it. It looks really nice and is the perfect size for our porch.

Alexis is fantastic and 7 weeks old! I can't believe how big she is getting. She is already growing up too fast for us!! She has found her hands and feet, is grabbing everything she can get her hands on, and is holding her head up on her own most of the time! It will probably be another month or so before she can do it all the time. She can also roll onto her side when she is on her tummy, and she should be flipping over soon. She can also smile socially! She is getting quite a personality. She's very funny. Last night when I put her down for bed she started kicking her feet in the air and just smiling as big as she could. She was playing by herself and it was so cute! I just sat there and watched her. She also is almost sleeping the night through. She slept from 10-3:30 last night and that was the only time I had to get up with her because I was up by 6 anyway. It was nice and we are getting a pretty solid routine going.

Everything else around here is going great too. We are just enjoying the summer!

1 comment:

Judy said...

What a sweeeet story about Alexis, oh, and also about your husband, working on the beautiful patio furniture in the heat! How is school going now?